New eBook offers 7 tips on how to grow your PT business
Finding new clients is one of the most common ‘growing pains’ for any small business, and this is especially true of the PT industry because it’s so competitive. However, it’s something that all business owners need to focus on – continual growth.
The success of your personal training business depends on how big a share of the available client base you can harness. And convincing potential clients to choose you over your competitors is about differentiating yourself from the competition, showing what sets you apart, and providing the best experience possible to back up your claims.
It’s with that in mind that we’ve created a new eBook, Growing your PT business -7 ways to attract more clients. It’s aimed at helping personal trainers increase their sales and grow their PT business. We’ve got 7 tips that will set you on the right path:
- Your competitive advantage: this is what you do better than anyone else. It’s what sets you apart from your competitors and makes you stand out. The eBook provides guidance on how to identify your competitive edge, build it, and use it to make your business the one clients choose.
- Customer profiles: You can’t attract more clients until you know more about them. That’s why it’s so important to develop customer profiles that identify your best types of client.
- Word of mouth: This is one of the simplest, yet most powerful marketing tools at your disposal. What people think of you is critical, because it’s how they’ll describe you to others. People trust what friends and family tell them about a business more than anything you say, so it’s essential that you’re providing the best experience and service possible.
- Client testimonials: Once you’re sure of happy clients, it’s time to ask them to provide a testimonial for your business – something that you can include in your marketing. It’s the fancy version of word of mouth, and just as powerful.
- Practise what you preach: This section is about positioning yourself as an expert and proving that you can walk the walk as well as talk the talk. Potential customers must have confidence that you are at the top of your game, at the place they are aspiring to be.
- Sharing your knowledge: Offering potential customers something for free (in return for their contact details) is a great way to build your client list and share your expertise. To make this work you must have your website setup to ensure they must provide their contact details to access at least some of your expert advice.
- Measure your success: You won’t know what’s working and what’s not if you’re not measuring your results. Keep track of what methods are the most effective, and use the information to boost your brand.
The eBook also offers a series of ‘Top Tips’ aimed at putting into practise these 7 goals. For instance, providing a top level client experience often means harnessing technology that will help you to streamline your business processes and enhance your service.
That’s where our business management software comes in – it’s an important foundation for client growth, and you can try it for free today.