The 2020 New Year is nearly upon us, and you know what that means don't you? That's right - a whole lot of New Year resolutions will be sworn to and losing weight / improving fitness / getting healthier almost always top those lists. What that means is you can look forward to potential new clients contacting you with the aim of kicking off 2020 on the right foot.
So how's your Personal Training Business equipped to cope with it? Continual growth should be the aim of any small business owner, but sometimes you get so caught up working IN your business, you forget to work ON it.
Growing your business isn’t just about gaining new clients, although it’s still something to continually focus on. Improving what you offer to your existing clients is just as important, because the better their experience, the more chance you have of turning those customers into fans for your Fitness Business – and there’s no better marketing tool than word-of-mouth.
It's with that in mind that we've developed a new interactive quiz. We understand all too well how competitive the Personal Training Business is, and this quiz will help you:
- Understand how well your health and fitness business is growing
- Capitalise on your strengths and analyse your weaknesses
- Pinpoint what you should be focusing on to grow exponentially
- Figure out your next steps for business success
After you've completed the quiz, you'll probably be wondering where you can take action to make improvements.
Here are some quick growth tips to help you get started:
Achieving growth with what you already have, such as:
- Making more effective use of your database of clients by maintaining regular contact via email, phone and social media. For example, the PTminder solution is designed to help you better manage and nurture your clients by taking care of notifications, payments, session bookings etc.
- Rewarding your most loyal clients, such as offering a discounted package of classes.
- Making sure no-one is treading water. It's important to make sure they're always facing new challenges. Organise seasonal workshops, bootcamps and specialised fitness classes to offer clients variety in their daily routine.
Finding new clients by:
- Identifying and capitalising on your Personal Training niche; in other words, your competitive advantage. It’s what you do better than anyone else. Determine what it is and promote it.
- Running workshops and demonstrations. By doing this you’re positioning yourself as an expert in the Personal Trainer industry, and this creates brand awareness and boosts client trust. It’s a great way to network among industry peers and to meet potential clients.
- Building a profile of your ideal client, e.g. one that pays on time, works hard, and is goal-oriented and develop a profile around those characteristics. Then match your promotions with your new client profile.
- Make use of digital channels to generate leads. For example, start and continue conversations with your extended community on social media.
- Generating as much positive word-of-mouth advertising as you can. It’s one of the most effective ways of getting new clients, especially in the PT industry. Referrals from your existing clients don't cost anything and are effective because they're already half-sold: your clients have recommended your PT business and that carries more weight than any claims you might make.
Identify and explore new markets:
- For a PT business, this means looking at your current client base and thinking of ways to expand it. For instance, the majority of your clients might be under 40, but does that mean you can't offer your services to those in their golden years?
- Get involved in community events and, if you can afford it, become a charity sponsor. This is a great way to not only support your community, but you’ll spot potential opportunities for new markets that might not have occurred to you before.
So, how prepared is your Personal Trainer business for the onslaught of New Year Resolutioners? Are you in a position to make the most of the opportunities and grow, or do you need to make some changes so that not only are you ready for the influx, but poised to enhance and grow? Our interactive quiz will help you figure this out.